By visiting giftempire.ng, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
How we use your personal data/information
User data may be shared with Gift Empire providers to improve order processing and customer service. It may also be used both for marketing research purposes and customer relation management.
We have provided below a summary of the purposes to which we will use your personal data:
- To register you as a Gift List Holder
- To process and deliver your order including: (a) Manage payments, fees and charges (b) Collect and recover money owed to us
- To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition, promotion or complete a survey
- To administer and protect our business and our website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about products or services that may be of interest to you
- Keep and update our database and your accounts with us
- Propose a unique and targeted navigation experience
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse on our website
User data collected help us to personalize our website according to users wishes and preferences. Offering you the most spontaneous and friendly surfing experience is our priority.
The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, to assist us with providing the best customer service to you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth, gender and pictures.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details through a registered payment merchant to process any payments made through our website.
- Transaction Data includes details about any interactions with us through our website or customer services, such as a record of your Gift List choices, products you are interested in, exchanges you wish to make, other details of products and services purchased through us, gift vouchers and a record of any contact you have with us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password and any social media username (if you choose to contact us using this method), purchases or orders made by you or for you, any exchanges made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, product reviews and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our gift list services). In this case, we may have to cancel orders, gifts or services you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How is your personal data collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial Data, Profile Data and Marketing and Communications Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- apply for our gift list services;
- create an account on our website;
- make an online purchase;
- purchase a gift by phone;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- give feedback on our services or products purchased;
- when you engage with us on social media;
- when you make contact with us with a query, request for information or raise a complaint;
- where you have given a third party permission for us to contact you.
B. Automated technologies or interactions.
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive a) emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties, and b) emails asking you to review Gift Empire and your purchase and c) promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from Gift Empire. You may unsubscribe from promotional emails via a link provided in each email. If you would like us to remove your personal information from our database, unsubscribe from emails and/or SMS, please email Customer Service email address on our website.
What is the accuracy of the Personal Data provided to Gift Empire?
You declare and guarantee that You are the owner or have the necessary rights on the content that You transmit to Us; that at the date of its transmission (i) the content is exact and true, (ii) the use of the content does not contravene any of our policies and will not be damaging to any third party (i.e. that the content is not defamatory).
How Secure is Information about Me?
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission. We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. However, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What are your rights?
If you are concerned about your data you have the right to request access to the personal data which we may hold or process about you. You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data. At any stage you also have the right to ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes.